You’ll find that we at YegNews value an open and constructive conversation. We don’t mind humour, sarcasm, poking fun, heated debate, etc, but we do have some rules. We do moderate the comments section of this site. We’ll all get along fine as long as you keep a respectful tone and don’t act like an idiot. We will follow these principles on our main site and on our Facebook page.
- We reserve the right to remove any comment for any reason.
- We reserve the right to block anyone from commenting on this website.
When commenting, keep these things in mind:
- Keep to the topic at hand.
- No inappropriate comments. These might include such things as celebrating someone’s death, illness, appearance, personal characteristics, etc.
- No ad hominem attacks (don’t get personal).
- No false or misleading claims are allowed.
- No vulgar or obscene language. Period.
- Comments containing threats of any sort will be removed.
- No hate speech of any sort. – no intolerance, racism, homophobia, sexism
- No spam, including any references made for commercial purposes. References to sites relevant to the conversation or personal blogs are acceptable.
- All comments must comply with Alberta and Canadian laws, including, but not limited to, libel, copyright and intellectual property laws.
- No unlawful behaviour is allowed, including cyber-stalking or the posting of personal information on other users of the site.
Provided you keep to these rules, you will be allowed to comment on Yegnews.com and our Facebook page. Thank you for your interest in YegNews.com.